Thursday, March 29, 2007

Camping in Mahango Game Park

I went camping over the long-weekend, with 8 of my volunteer-friends.
(most of them from VSO) WE had a wonderful weekend at Ngepi Camp in Mahango. Relaxing and nice, from A to Z.
The camp was so different than anything else I’ve seen.. I spent an hour walking around checking out the different bath-rooms and toilets at the camp. The most creative camp/lodge/backpacker I’ve ever been to.
























I got up at 6:00 two days in a row to see the sunrise.. it was amazing. (Guess I have seen a sunrise before, but never sober like this…)



















Mahango game-park is the only game-park in Namibia where you are allowd to actually leave the car. With animals wherever you were looking this is kind of exciting, especially since we were told there were a lion observed in the area the day before… J
HIPPO’s is the big thing. You rarely see them properly, and we were hippo-hunting for two days… The pics are my friends trying as best as they can to catch one… with the eye.. With no result. You could only here them, somewhere in the seed… Three weekends ago on the other hand, Jonatan and me ++ got a close look. THEY ARE SO BIG!! Have to admit I was sceptic for a sec…


I’m sorry for not being a nature-photographer… I just cant capture animals nicely. I suggest u check out Jonatan’s blogg for nice animal-pictures… I’m not patient enough to find out how you do it. But here you’ve got: a bird(!) and a zebras butt. ( I can’t believe I went birdwatching with my friends… ME: BIRDWATCHING. Believe it or not.
















I’ll finish with a nature-picture only for you STIG. It doesn’t look much like Africa does it?? My friends: this is NOT Somalia. This is Namibia, Kavango Region, it’s like my friend Rose would have said it: GORGEOUS!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dette var litt meir av Afrika slik som eg ser det føre meg.Du har i vertfall bevis for at du har sett ville dyr mens du er der.Det var fine bilder frå campen du har vore på. Du har det tydlegvis morsomt og kjekt mens du er der, fortsett med det og nyt det mens du kan for tida går fort og før du veit av det er du heime igjen.
Helsing STIG