Monday, August 07, 2006

rundu-aug

Hey guys… whats up??
Finaly I got to update this blog… the internet is slow, so I usually get turned down when I try… anyway. Rundu is still great!!! Yesterday we went canoing on the river for two hours. It was great.., and not exactly what I thought I would be doing in “Namibia- the desert country – land of the brave.” Of course.. we had to look out for the crocodiles and the hippo… but we didn’t see any, thank god. I would have freeked out…!!! And finaly I got sunburned.. hehe. J As long as it turn into brown and not pink I don’t care. I want to mix with the people here… and If I’m going to do that, I can’t walk around being all white/grey…!!!

My home is great, and my friends the same.I live with my "sister from another mother": Ruusa Iitula, and we'll have a great time for sure!!


I haven’t really started working yet.. it’s mostly LLL (look, listen, learn) and I enjoy it. I’ve just talked to the school next door, so after the holyday I’ll start working at KEHEMU junior secondary school, a school in the RURAL aerea here in rundu. I can’t wait to get started!!! J

I’ll try to put in some pictures… but can’t promise anything…Hope to hear from you.. whatever you’re doing….
*love lena*

No comments: