Sunday, May 20, 2007

Emely was our host out in the village. She had 4 beautiful kids which she raised on her own. Her homestead was so peaceful and quiet, and nothing there told us about poverty and hunger. They had their corn, their chickens (Madeleine cut the neck of our dinner-chicken the first night! Slowly, slowly with a very bad knife…), their cows, their goats and so on. They had to walk far for water, and there were no electricity. One of my favourite places.... :)

This is probably what will be one of the hardest things for me to handle when coming home. I have hundreds of pictures, but these doesn’t tell the real story. Not even close! The mood, the light, the smells, the sounds, the laughter, the tears, the feeling… The pictures can’t describe how it feels like… And I can’t describe it eighter.. I don’t have the words!



No comments: