Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Swakobmund- the German city in the middle of nowhere..

Last weekend me and my friends (Jonatan, Terje, Sara and Raviv) decided to spend in Swakobmund- a German city placed at the westcoast of Namibia. Except from Desert on the right, Ocean on the left, it was like coming home for four days, weird-but nice. Anyways. Swakob is the tourist-capital of Namibia. This is where you can do all those things you have been dreaming of doing for a long time. For me- this was the place where I could go SKYDIVING for the first time. FINALLY!!! J I’ve been dreaming of doing it for.. ever. And now I had the chance. I was so eager, and I surprised myself by not being nervous AT ALL. I enjoyed every minute of it, and I’m pretty sure it must be like being on drugs! I JUST WANT TO DO IT AGAIN,.. AND AGAIN.

But this was not the only fun we had. J We also went SANDBOARDING and QUADBIKING in the desert. Both: A BLAST! Party is also a MUST in Swakob- and I had the hang-over of my life in the middle of the desert! Actually had to extend my stay with one day… because when the others had a great time Saturday, I was sleeping on the dunes- not able to move. SHAME. Anyways- I just extended my stay, and did all the fun things on Sunday instead- after my friends went home..!!

Sandboarding was quite much like snowboarding, but not as cold and not as hard. I saw my friends doing the jumps on Saturday, so when I tried- I couldn’t be any worse! It was great fun… and I actually got an offer from the guys running the whole thing, to come back next weekend to compete in the yearly sandboarding-contest they have in Swakob. They wanted me to run for their team, thought it could be good promotion for their club to have a crazy norvegian GIRL on their team! They wanted to pay both my trip and my accomandation, which actually is a great offer! BUT… I guess I’m to proud of making such a fool of myself, I don’t feel confedent in participating in any contest, after sandboarding one time… so I think I’ll just stay here… J

Quadbiking was also GREAT fun. The weather was nice and the dunes amazing. We were divided into groups. Fast, middle and slow- and of course I had to try the fast-guys, and trust me: We were riding the bikes FAST, I had serious trouble keeping up with those guys. … hehe. But I’m still alive and I had a great time- so then it’s all good.

After staying in Swakob for the weekend, I went to Windhoek to fetch my friend Morten- who came from Tanzania to visit. He’ll stay here for 10 days, and I hope we can do some fun things. I guess I have to do some work in between to, but that’s fine. The schools have started their exams now, so the rest of their lifes have kind of stopped. But we’ll find something to do! I’m working on an event for the World Aids Day the 2nd of December at the moment. An event I hope and think is going to be a success… as long as the participants shows up!! (I’ve promised them something to drink and eat--- so I guess they will)

That’s it for now. I just HAD to put out the Skydiving Pictures.. I’m so proud and glad that I finally did it. And I just have to say: YOU HAVE TO TRY!! You’ll have the time of your life.. SERIOUS. It can’t be any better than this!!!

Love Lena.

No comments: