Saturday, September 23, 2006

FINALLY

Ok.. I’ve finally started my real work here in Rundu. Monday I started working in the schools, and I find it GREAT! Feel like I’m doing something useful here, and that’s a good feeling!! J
Of course there are some things I wish were different, but there is nothing I can do about it, so I would have to deal with it, and believe it or not: I’m fine by that!!!


these are my to main questions:
1.who the h… came up with the idea of starting school at 0700??? If I found that guy, I would for sure tell him where I come from!! Tuesday I had to be at the school 0640, and it takes me 20-25min on these gravelled roads. Which means I had to leave my house at 0615- the latest. And now you can use your own imagination to find out when I had to get up that morning…!!! CRAZY

2.Who decided that it should be so dammed hot in this country?? Gosh.. I’m boiling, and I got my first real sunburn IN MY FACE. But I don’t complain.. I don’t mind a tan now.. finally. It’s amazing how much fresher and nicer you feel like when you get some colour…! Wish I was black/brown/coloured… white is not my thing.. hehe. J

Anyways. Things are going great here. I don’t miss home one bit, and I wish some of you guys could save up some money and come down here to check it out. You would like it!! I’m pretty sure of that!!!

Last sunday I went to church!! The 0700-service. CAN YOU BELIVE IT? I can promise you one thing: It wont happen again… *laughing* emagine: ME, 7 o’clock in church. And this wasn’t the church where they are singing out loud, dancing, clapping and cheering—like in the movie “sister act”. This was a catholic church, pretty similar to the church at home /Except from that is is catholic of course…) and the songs sounded for me like…lullabys!! I felt like sleeping the whole time… J but still: nice. I’ve been there-done that.

I’m putting out some pictures we took when we were in Cape Town, this is my norvegian fellows- working in Zambia, South Africa and Namibia. --- I hope you are all doing good/better. That you get enough food, friends, guidance and leisure-time!! See you in december! MOSAMBIQUE it is.

Okidoki. Better go fetch something to drink. (water of course… I’ve become a health-freak--- need to loose those 5kg I gained on my failed try to stop… you know. …water, carrots and outmeal it is!!)

See you. And I can’t say it often enough: I LOVE every e-mail and sms I get from home… THANKS!!!*lena*

And one more thing: I just have to tell you guys. Especially my fellow teacher-student-friends: Tuesday I had 80(!) 4th grade learners for PE…. ALL BY MY SELF!!! …think about that next time you have 25 kids in your class… and you feel like complaining…!!! J

No comments: